Thursday 22 March 2012

good news and not so good news

The endoscopy was a success, opening the stent again, and C will be home tomorrow.

Sadly, a CT scan revealed secondaries in her liver, so the prospect of C having 'a year or two' dangled by the consultant if she proved to be free of other tumours has been removed: they are equivocal about her seeing out the summer, and the most likely outcome is that she will get progressively weaker and her life more circumscribed, so it's back to plan A and wringing the last drop of juice from life.

Ever since I had to tell my mother that my father was dead, and saw the light go out in her eyes, I've hated to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it seems to be my lot.

Anyone who wants to talk to me, feel free to ring. I'll be glad to hear from you

No comments:

Post a Comment